- 150 g. macaroni
- 600 ml. milk
- 50 g. flour
- 50 g. butter
- salt and freshly milled pepper
- 150 g. cheddar cheese
- 1 level tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. white bread crumbs
1. Add macaroni to a large pan of boiling, salted water. Cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain, rinse and keep aside.
2. Place milk in a medium bowl, sift in the flour and whisk until smooth.
3. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat, add milk mixture, stirring constantly ,bring to boil. Simmer for 2 minutes. Take off the heat, season well with salt and pepper.
4. Add half the cheese and mustard. Stir well to combine. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. Add macaroni and stir well to combine the ingredients.
5. Pour macaroni into a well buttered ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bread crumbs. Brown under a hot grill or bake at 400F, 200C or mark 6 for 20-25 minutes or until golden and bubbling.