- 1 Chicken with skin, cut into 8 pieces, or 8-10 drum stick
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup basin (gram flour)
- 1 tsp. red chilies (optional)
- 1 1/2 tea spoon salt
- 1 tea spoon black pepper
- oil for deep frying
1. Put the chicken a large bowl, add lemon and one teaspoon of salt and rub it all over the chicken pieces. Cover and marinate for at least 3 to 4 hours or overnight in a refrigerator.
2. Mix 1\2 teaspoon of salt and rest of the ingredients, except oil. Place the coating mixture in a plastic bag. Put one piece at a time in the bag and shake it to coat the mixture. Arrange the coated chicken pieces in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
3. Deep fry the chicken in an electric deep fryer. Follow the manufacturer's instruction. Alternatively fry the chicken in a deep fryer over high heat. Fry to a crisp golden color. Remove from the oil and place on an absorbent kitchen paper. Serve hot with French fries and garlic chutney